Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Sheila Gim
Strong, toned arms aren’t only a characteristic of the genetically blessed. It’s possible — no matter your age — to sculpt long, lean arms for yourself just in time for Summer. What makes this news even better is that you can transform your arms with one simple, inexpensive piece of equipment — a resistance band (I’m obsessed with this one, but any will do). It has been years since I was introduced to the power of the resistance band and to this day it’s still my go-to when I’m working out at home (almost always in front of the TV).
As demonstrated by Kirsten King from Fluidform Pilates, you’ll notice results after four weeks, if you’re prepared to commit to these exercises every day — totally achievable, even for the super-busy.
- Hold the band in your hands with your palms facing up. Be sure to stand tall, don’t slouch.
- Keep your elbows glued to your sides and be mindful of your shoulders — they should be down, away from your ears.
- Now move your hands out and in as you continue to engage your glutes and abs.
- Aim for three sets of 20 reps.
- Hold the band behind your head (see above). Be sure to stand tall and engage your glutes and abs.
- Keep your lower arm strong at the small of your back as you lift your upper arm, pulling the band as tight as you can.
- Aim for five sets of 10 reps on each arm.
Keep these exercises on high rotation during your weekly workout routines and you’ll be rocking long, lean arms in no time at all.