There may be no greater signal that Fall has arrived than the return of pumpkin spice everything. And while there are plenty of healthy, pumpkin-flavored treats on the market, finding ones that are allowed on the low-carb ketogenic diet is a bit trickier, though not impossible.
Sadly, the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte doesn’t make the list. The syrups and sauces are simply too high in sugar to be considered keto. Fortunately, with a few easy-to-find ingredients, you can make your own keto-friendly pumpkin spice latte at home — for a fraction of the cost — without sacrificing flavor. Try the recipe below and see for yourself.
- 2 cups brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream (use coconut whipping cream for nondairy)
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter (use ghee or coconut oil for nondairy)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-10 drops stevia, to taste (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer 5-7 minutes, whisking occasionally, until heated through.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender (or use an immersion blender) and blend until foamy. Pour into two cups and serve warm.
- Drinks, Coffee
- 2 servings
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Calories per serving
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photograph / Tarah Chieffi